The Clean Energy Council has released its Federal Election policy recommendations, urging all sides of politics to commit to strong, long-term clean energy policy. The 10 policies the CEC want to see all federal political parties adopt are as follows:
- Commit to a target of zero emissions from the electricity sector well before 2050 and a minimum target of 50 per cent renewable energy by 2030
- Accelerate reforms and finance support to develop Australia’s electricity transmission network for a clean energy future
- Encourage the uptake of energy storage and batteries
- Maintain the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme (SRES)
- Mandate solar power in all new homes
- Support innovation in finance, technology and integration and extend the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC)
- Commit to the development of a clean energy export strategy.
- Support skills development to meet the demand of a growing clean energy industry
- Support the establishment of a battery manufacturing and recycling industry
- Develop a single national electrical safety body
You can read more and download the policy recommendations booklet on the CEC website.