What is your work experience in the renewable energy industry?
1 year commercial solar
2 years ESCO (energy savings company) developing markets for solar, cogen, trigen and holistic energy savings
Who buys commercial solar?
Anyone who is either conscious of saving money and/or saving energy.
What benefits can commercial solar offer?
- A reduction in your energy bill
- Provide a green image to your company
- A collective good feeling that your company is doing its bit to reduce the reliance on coal power
- Provide a stable power source through peak periods
- Reduce heat load through thermal insulation
What one thing makes you passionate about solar energy?
- Seeing the proliferation of panels on roofs provides the evidence that collectively we can make a positive difference in reducing CO2 emissions. Which ultimately will reduce our reliance on coal fire power stations.
What do you love about living in Melbourne?
- Vibrancy and culture
- It never ceases to amaze me
Where is the best coffee in Melbourne?
- You can’t go past Fitzroy, two of the finest are Atomica and De Clieu
Where is your favourite place to eat in Melbourne?
- I have a passion for Indian food and as a member of the Melbourne Curry Club I get to eat at the best and worst the city can offer. We present a golden turban to a winner each year and my vote will have to go to Baju Ji in St Kilda. Other favs are Movida, Hosiers lane and not strictly Melbourne but Brown Brothers Epicure degustation is fantastic.
What is the one place or experience you tell visitors to Melbourne to not miss?
There is not place I see it as a whole perfect days experience
- Do breakfast in Degraves street,
- Walk along the Yarra
- Sit in the Botanical gardens
- Have lunch in the block arcade
- Watch a game at the MCG
- Dinner at Vue De mode (if you have the money)
- Catch a gig at the Forum
- After dinner drinks at the supper club, Gin Palace, Cookie roof top bar.