It’s time to cut your electricity bills, South Australians!
The SA Home Battery Subsidy scheme has launched and that means up to 40,000 South Australian households can receive a maximum subsidy of $6,000 towards a battery system.
Don’t get left in the dark – make sure you are one of them!
What you need to know about the scheme
Subsidy & Finance
- The subsidy is limited to 40,000 South Australian homes
- The subsidy covers up to $6,000 of the cost of your battery for energy concession holders and $5000 for all other households
- Subject to approval, additional low-interest finance is available to cover the balance of your home battery system, which may include the purchase of new or additional solar panels
Your choice of battery
Suntrix is pleased to offer you a choice of quality batteries approved by the Home Battery Scheme and Clean Energy Council. Some of the batteries offered will be assembled in South Australia and are eligible for the nine week priority period at the start of the Scheme. Click here for more information about our batteries and help on deciding which one is right for you.
When making your decision on the best battery for your home, there are several things you should take into consideration:
- The size of your existing solar PV system – is it adequate for your year-round storage needs or do you want to upgrade to a bigger system to ensure your battery is working the best it can in winter as well as summer?
- How important is back-up functionality for you in the event of power black-outs?
- Do you mind if the battery is installed inside or outside your home?
Check out our ready reference guide and choose the right battery for you.
Why Choose Suntrix
Suntrix is a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer that uses accredited installers. We are South Australian owned and operated and have been in the solar industry since 2009.
Suntrix is one of Australia’s most awarded solar energy companies, with the local expertise and customer service to support you every step of they way.
What you need to do next
Step 1: Complete the form below and one of our friendly team will call you to discuss your requirements and provide you with an initial quote.
Step 2: Once you have received your quote, if you are happy to proceed to the next step, we will request a $500 refundable* deposit from you. The deposit will prioritise your home visit & site inspection, which is the final step before you lodge your subsidy application.
Step 3: Suntrix will visit your home and complete a site inspection. This will give us all the information we need to provide a comprehensive quote and check that your home is battery-ready.
* In the event that your home is not suitable for a battery installation, or you are unable to secure the SA Government subsidy, we will refund your deposit.
** The SA Government Home Battery Scheme includes competitive financing options for your battery storage system and solar PV installation/upgrade.