It’s time to cut your electricity bills, South Australians!
The SA Home Battery Subsidy scheme has launched and that means up to 40,000 South Australian households can receive a maximum subsidy of $6,000 towards a battery system.
Don’t get left in the dark – make sure you are one of them!
What you need to know about the scheme
Subsidy & Finance
- The subsidy is limited to 40,000 South Australian homes
- The subsidy covers up to $6,000 of the cost of your battery for energy concession holders and $5000 for all other households
- Battery prices start from $9,000 so you will have out-of-pocket expenses after your subsidy is deducted. However, as part of the scheme, the Government is offering low interest finance to cover the gap, including the cost of purchasing or upgrading your system.
Your choice of battery
The SA Government Battery Scheme provides a 9 week priority period for products manufactured or assembled in South Australia. At the moment there are two brands that qualifies – Sonnen and Alpha-ESS
Once the 9-week priory period finishes, other brands (such as Tesla) will become available and you will be able to apply for the subsidy at that point.
When making your decision on the best battery for your home, there are several things you should take into consideration:
- The size of your existing solar PV system – is it adequate for your year-round storage needs or do you want to upgrade to a bigger system to ensure your battery is working the best it can in winter as well as summer?
- How important is back-up functionality for you in the event of power black-outs?
- Do you have an appropriate space for the battery to be installed?
Why Choose Suntrix
Suntrix is a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer that uses accredited installers. We are South Australian owned and operated and have been in the solar industry since 2009.
Suntrix is one of Australia’s most awarded solar energy companies, with the local expertise and customer service to support you every step of they way.
What you need to do next
Step 1: Complete the form below and one of our team will call you to discuss your requirements and provide you with an initial quote. The level of interest in this scheme is extremely high so please allow up to 2 weeks for us to get in touch.
Step 2: If you are happy to proceed to the next step, we will request a $200 refundable* deposit from you. This deposit will prioritize your home visit & site inspection, which is the final step before you lodge your subsidy application.
Step 3: Suntrix will visit your home and complete a site inspection. This will give us all the information we need to provide a comprehensive quote and check that your home is battery-ready.
* In the event that your home is not suitable for a battery installation, or you are unable to secure the SA Government subsidy, we will refund your deposit.
** The SA Government Home Battery Scheme includes competitive financing options for your battery storage system and solar PV installation/upgrade.