What does the CEC do?
The Clean Energy Council (CEC) is the peak body for Australia’s clean energy industry. The organisation has a strong focus on raising standards and maintaining integrity with the renewables industry; and it does this via a system of endorsement and accreditation, including:
- CEC Accreditation – available to individuals that have undertaken the necessary training to design and install solar, batteries and other renewable energy systems
- CEC Approved Retailers – available to businesses that are signatories to the CEC Solar Retailer Code of Conduct
- CEC Approved Products – a list of modules, inverters and battery storage products that meet Australian Standards for use in the design and installation of solar PV systems.
What is the CEC Solar Retailer of Conduct?
Authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), the CEC Solar Retailer Code of Conduct is a way for solar companies to show their commitment to good business practices and improving standards in the solar industry.
Suntrix is as founding signatory of the Clean Energy Code of Conduct, launched in 2013; and we are one of a select national pool of solar companies to become an approved solar retailer.
What it means to be a CEC Approved Retailer
Suntrix has undergone a rigorous process to become an Approved Solar Retailer.
- We do not engage in any misleading marketing practices
- Our solar consultants act ethically at all times
- We equip our clients with the information they need to make educated decisions
- We adhere to all existing legislation and regulations, including cooling-off periods,
cancellations and refunds
- We provide our customers with detailed documentation
- We take full accountability for the actions of any subtracted parties
- We respond to complaints in a timely, transparent manner
- We offer a minimum 5 years warranty on our products and installation services
- We only use CEC accredited installers
- We only use CEC approved products
The following video also outlines the benefits of installing solar and how to buy your system through a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer.